If you are serving on a task force as the task force chair, or as a task force member, or are the steering committee liaison for that sector you may not apply for a position within that sector. You may apply for a position within another sector and you may apply for a position in more than one sector.
It is the policy of this initiative to maintain confidentiality of all applications in the initial stage of this process insofar as is possible. The task forces should handle the recommendations confidentially, as well.
STEERING COMMITTEE LIAISON
- Serves as representative between steering committee and task force.
- May join the task force committee as a full member.
- As a liaison should participate in those meetings that are necessary.
- Provides guidance to the task force.
TASK FORCE CHAIR
- Chairs the task force, and participates as a task force member.
- Recruits task force members and if should so choose recruit additional task force members.
- Schedules the necessary meetings, responsible for all deadlines.
- Oversee the process of the committee to review the applications, screen, check references, interview when necessary and make recommendations to the steering committee.
- Seeks recommendations from the committee in identifying candidates and in soliciting resumes.
- Works closely with the Steering Committee Liaison.
- Keeps in contact with the recommended candidates and makes certain that all candidates are informed of their status.
TASK FORCE MEMBER
- A full committee member supports chairs and tasks assigned.
- Take and distribute notes from task force meetings.
- Assist Co-chairs with scheduling meetings
- Assist Project Director with distributing documents to/from task force
- Attend all task force meetings.
PROCESS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
- Task Forces and the Steering Committee will make their decisions by consensus. However, if it is deemed necessary by the chairs of those groups, that a vote is required, a vote will be taken. Approval by two-thirds of those present in person or by phone shall constitute approval of a recommendation.
- The MassGap Project Committee will at all times handle the recommendation process with confidentiality and respect.
- Resumes of women seeking recommendations by MassGap will be screened relative to experience and education pertinent to the position sought.
- Those resumes which in the opinion of the Task Force are appropriate for the most senior positions will be recommended to the Steering Committee for final approval.
- The application of any individual who is not recommended by a Task Force shall be reviewed by the Steering Committee. Any Steering committee member who is applying for recommendation in that sector should recuse themselves from the matter.
- MassGap will forward the names of recommended candidates to the Governor. Multiple recommendations, three or more will be submitted per government sector.